Sikkim – A journey to India’s mountain kingdom | 7D-6N
Sikkim! It’s hard to define the true culture of its villages, it could best be called a wonderful mosaic, a unique pattern made beautiful by the unusual harmony in its individually colorful threads. The predominant communities here are the Lepchas, the Bhutias and the Nepalese. What Sikkim lacks in size it makes up in the grandeur of its vistas, the bigheartedness of its people and all that the land has to offer. The place oozes serenity and simplicity which makes it ideal for aspiring writers, photographers and all creative people alike.. .You can spend hours gazing at the mountains, and don’t be surprised at dawn when the star lit night sky offer even more breathtaking views
• Comfortable stay at a traditional homestay run by the South Sikkimese community.
• All meals - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Cooked from ingredients grown in an organic and sustainable farm with a variety of vegetables, herbs, tubers, spices and fruits.
• Village walks and day hikes at the neighbouring hills
• Pick up and drop from/to nearest Airport or Railway station
• All internal transfers and sightseeing
• Local guide charges
• Cultural performances
Price: INR 19,500 per person
Price with extended plan (2 days at Gangtok): INR 7500 additional
Both group and solo travelers are welcome
• Enjoy the warm hospitality of a Sikkimese family
• Indulge in mouth-watering healthy organic local food.
• Be witness to a Shamanic healing ritual unique to this part of the country.
• Meditative sessions every day
• Visiting places of interest in this region including (but not exclusive to) Lingi Buddhist Monastery, Mahadev Cave, Buddha Park in Ravangla etc
• Cultural folk and music performances
• Village walks and games
Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra airport at 12.30 pm and transfer to Payong village homestay with lunch en-route. Meet your warm hosts and spend a relaxing evening knowing them and the other guests who have arrived.
Day 2: Morning Orientation session, afternoon village tour followed by witnessing the village shamanic healing ritual in the evening.
Day 3: Trek to Lingi village tour to see a Buddhist Monastery and Mahadev Cave. Later in the evening take part in local games and activities.
Day 4: Learn to prepare mouth-watering local dishes. In the evening indulge in a group dinner and later match steps taking part in cultural folk dance and music performances.
Day 5: Visit Buddha Park in Ravangla en-route walk in the tea garden; night halt in a homestay at Ravangla
Day 6: Departure (take the flight after 3 pm from Bagdogra)
Day 7:(Extended stay plan): Head to Gangtok, stay with a local family in a modest homestay in Gangtok
Day 8:(Extended stay plan): Visit to an Organic market and Handicraft emporium in Gangtok MG lane Or Go around Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary and Rumtek monastery.
Day 9:(Extended stay plan): Departure
By Air: The closest airport to our program location is located in Bagdogra, Siliguri, West Bengal (IXB). There are flights almost every day to this airport from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore
By Train: Nearest railway stations to Sikkim are Jalpaiguri (187 km) and Siliguri (146 km), that are well-connected to major cities like Kolkata, Guwahati, Delhi and Mumbai.